Track visitors to your event listing page with Google Universal Analytics. Copy your event page link from your EventChain event and paste the URL into a new property in your Google Universal Analytics account and copy the created Analytics Tracking ID. Then head over to your event's Manage page and select “Tracking Pixels” to paste the Tracking ID and enable tracking for your event.
Copy your event page link
Go to your event's manage page from the main menu Manage Events > My Events, then select the event you want to track.
From the event side menu, go to the "Promote Your Event" section to find your event page link. Copy this link which you'll need to paste into your Google Analytics Property.
Create a new Google Analytics Property
Signup or login to your Google Analytics Universal Analytics account, then click on the gear icon at the bottom left of the page to go to your Admin page.
If you don't already have a property set up for EventChain, you will need to create a new property from the "Property" column dropdown.
Google Analytics requires you to enter the following information:
- Website Name: Enter a custom name for the property. The name of your event is good to use for easy tracking.
- Website URL: Paste the event page link URL that you copied from your EventChain event. NOTE: Paste in all of the event listing URL except for the "http://."
- Choose an "Industry & Category" that best represents your event. This will help Google Analytics build tailored reports, customized communication, and better education material for you.
- Make sure the "Reporting Time Zone" matches the time zone and country for your event listing before getting your Tracking ID.
Once setup, click "Get Tracking ID"
Add the Tracking ID to your event page
After generating the Tracking ID, you will need to copy it, to then paste into your EventChain event's Analytics page.
With your copied Tracking ID, go back to your EventChain account Manage Events > My Events, then select the event you want to add the tracking id to.
Open the "Analytics" section and past the Tracking ID (be sure to include the "UA-"), then click "ADD".
Verify event tracking
To verify that tracking is working as expected, make an order for the event you added the tracking pixel to. Login to your Universal Google Analytics account and check to see that there are events being recorded in the “Events” section under "Behavior" in Google Analytics.
What data does EventChain send to Google?
We send a variety of data to Google including:
- PageViews: All public event pages event detail pages
- AddToCart: When adding items to cart
- InitiateCheckout: Landing on the order checkout page
- Purchase: Purchase is completed
- AddToWishlist: Event added to user's wish list
- Browser & Operating System
When reviewing data in Google Analytics for your EventChain events, it's best to use Google’s Events instead of pageviews. Events provide the most reliable data, while pageview data will fluctuate and have inaccuracies due to purchase flow changes and other considerations.
If you need help with Google Analytics, check out this article on how to get Google Universal Analytics support, visit the Google Analytics Community forum, or contact Google Analytics support at 1-650-253-0000.
Site visitors who view your event pages through secure browsers that block analytics tracker or with common browsers like Chrome, Firefox and Safari in a private or incognito mode window, will not send analytics data back to Google. This is beyond EventChain's control and is intended to provide anonymity and security to those users wishing not to be tracked.